Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Liebster Award: My Momma Stole My Blog!

I was gone for one night and in that time, my Momma hijacked my blog!  Was it "The Momma Chronicles" that was nominated for a Liebster Award by Looking Up With Down Syndrome?
http://dexterlanges.wordpress.com/

No.  It was "The Cooper Chronicles."  So, without further ado, I give you, 11 interesting facts about me....COOPER.

1.  I just started taking some steps without holding on to things.  It's really hard and honestly, I'm not sure what the big deal is because I can bear crawl so fast, Momma can't even catch me.  When I take my steps, I try to go just as fast as when I bear crawl and then I fall on my face.  The balance thing is tricky.

2.  I have more teeth than the last time we talked.  I've got two on the bottom, one giant one on the top that Auntie Annie calls my "Nanny McPhee Tooth," and two molars are coming in as we speak.  Sometimes I will be playing and all of a sudden it just hurts so bad that I start hysterically crying.  Also, I've heard that my teeth are really slow moving.  I'm not sure why but I wish they would hurry up.

3.  Lamby is my favorite toy.  It used to be Mr. Monk-Monk (my striped sock monkey) but I've moved on.  We're still friends and all but Lamby is my best friend...he's a better cuddler.

4.  I still don't like sleeping.  It's dumb.  Being awake is so much more fun.

5.  I'm really loud.  I guess I used to be this really quiet baby.  Momma is always asking, "What happened to my quiet little boy?"  He went away.  I'm here now, and I've got a lot to say.  The louder, the better....especially in the morning.

6.  I have Down syndrome.  I guess that's an interesting fact.  I still don't know what that means or why it matters but it seems like it's important to other people.

7.  I've got two brothers and two sisters who live in Chicago.  Mom says they're still my brothers and sisters even though they have a different mom.  We have the same dad though!  I get to see them every once and awhile and it's so much fun! We were just at my big sister's graduation from Valparaiso University on Sunday.  It was hot...no AC.  But it was pretty neat to see Emily walk across the stage and hear her name over the loud speakers...not so loud.  The sound system was terrible.

8.  When I said Lamby was my favorite toy, I wasn't being entirely truthful.  Lamby is my favorite toy that is actually a toy.  My favorite toy that I made up is my sock and a half empty water bottle.  Momma and Daddy are really confused as to how I can sit for 15 or 20 minutes and find endless fascination with shaking my sock.  I just love it!  If it's not that, then I shake the water in my water bottle and watch it settle.  Observing how the water moves is so cool.

9.  Purees and solids still elude me.  I'm sure you all heard about my adventures in feeding therapy.  Momma says I have to go to a different feeding therapy this summer.  I guess so...but I still don't see why I can't just keep drinking my ba-ba.

10.  I don't know how to count this high.  I've had help.

11.  Momma says that one of the up sides to having Down syndrome is that I can wear a lot of the same clothes from last summer.  Apparently, I was wearing some clothes that were a little too big last year and this year they fit perfectly.  I'm in a size 12mo and 18 mo...just in case you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment