Monday, January 9, 2012

Houdini's Got Nothing On Me

I was reminded that people want updates.  What did my mama get me into?
I spent the weekend with my Mom, Daddy, Brothers and Sister, Grandma and Grandpa, in Chicago.  I guess it’s not really Chicago.  It’s a suburb.  Technicalities.  Saturday I went to the library for the very first time.  Matt and Jenna had to go in the kids area but I was allowed into the reading room with the adults.  I think I should have gone with my brother and sister because where I was, everyone was quiet and drinking coffee and being very serious.  There was a copy of Newsweek and The New Yorker in Mommy and Daddy’s hands and there was some guy who looked  like he was trying to be Steve Jobs reading from an I Pad.   Black turtle neck and jeans too.  A little too on the nose for my taste.  It was all very serious so I figured we needed to liven the place up a little.  Apparently you aren’t supposed to be lively at the library.  Mama quickly whisked me up and started bouncing.  She always does that!  She knows exactly what it takes to distract me.  But overall, I would rate the experience as enjoyable.  It was warm and I got to sit between Mama and Daddy on the couch while they read.  I think I’ll go back.

Oh, I was supposed to inform you all that the rolling over wasn’t a fluke.  I did it again…with witnesses this time!

Also, I’ve decided that car seat restraints are for losers.  Today, on the ridiculously long trip from Chicago to Grand Rapids, I decided to work my arms out of the harness.  I’m going for the full break out next time!  I’ll fill you in on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment