Monday, January 23, 2012

I've been a busy boy

There has been a lot going on since I posted last.  Mommy has been having a hard time with Grandma in the hospital but she told me to stop using that as an excuse and let you all know what's been going on.

As I told you in my last post, I caught my first cold.  I'm still fighting it a little and it didn't help that I got my immunization a few days ago and haven't felt quite right since.  Mamma's arms are getting really strong because I'm not feeling much like sitting by myself these days.  It just feels better to sit with her when I feel bad.   But don't get the wrong idea about me.  I'm no crybaby.  I got my shots and didn't shed a tear when they attacked me with those needles.  Mamma was all worked up and ready for me to scream and cry.  Instead I looked right at her and smiled...I mean, there was this brief second where I thought I might lose it but for Mamma's sake I stayed strong.

We've been at the hospital every day for the last week.  You should see these nurses!  They just won't leave me alone.  Everyone knows my name and when a new nurse comes on who hasn't met me yet, I hear "Is this Cooper that I've been hearing so much about?"  I guess I'm kind of a big deal.  I've been getting to spend lots of time with my Aunt Annie and Aunt Renee.  That's pretty cool but hopefully Grandma will get to go home soon because the hospital is getting old.  We got to change floors yesterday so that was a nice change in scenery.  There are rocking chairs on the second floor and I love to rock. Mom says we try to find the small things to be happy about these days...even if it's just that there are rocking chairs in the waiting room.

I better get going.  Grandma awaits!  Sorry for the delay in the update.  I know this one is not up to my usual standards but I needed to just get it done so I didn't stop all together and ruin Mamma's New Year's resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment